Member of the Advisory Board
Partner at Fox Rothschild LLP
Peter’s practice incorporates a wide variety of international and corporate matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- insurance and reinsurance transactions
- private equity transactions
- corporate finance
- joint ventures
During his career, Peter has worked on several hundred transactions. He provides general corporate representation to many public and private companies, with a particular focus on advising European companies on entering the United States market. Peter serves as a chair of the firm’s International Practice Group, and is a member of the Executive Committee, the firm’s governing body.
Before Fox Rothschild
While serving as the Chair of the International Practice Group at a prior law firm, Peter was the architect of the first acquisition in United States history whereby a United States law firm acquired a European law firm with which it had no prior affiliation. This historic acquisition received extensive press coverage in both the United States and Europe.
Prior to joining the firm, Peter was an Equity Partner at DLA Piper.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
In 2005, the President of the Republic of France, Jacques Chirac, bestowed upon Peter the title of Chevalier (Knight) of the French Legion of Honor. The French Legion of Honor, which was established by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802, recognizes eminent service to the Republic of France and is the country’s most prestigious award.
Peter is very active in the community. He serves as the chairman of the board of trustees of The Pennington School, a private, secondary school located near Princeton, NJ, and serves as president of the Philadelphia Chapter of the French-American Chamber of Commerce.
In addition, Peter sits on the Pennsylvania Advisory Board of HSBC Bank USA, N.A., as well as the board of directors of London Life Reinsurance Company and the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation, Inc. Peter has also studied at the University of Dijon, France and The Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, the Netherlands.
One of Peter’s passions is international travel and he is attempting to become a member of the Travelers’ Century Club. To become a member you must have traveled to at least 100 countries. To date, Peter has visited 69 countries.
- Currently representing Harleysville Group Inc. (NASDAQ: HGIC) in its $842,000,000 acquisition by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
- Represented a NYSE company in a number of acquisitions and divestitures. The enterprise value of these transactions is in excess of $1,100,000,000.
- Represented HSBC Bank in numerous transactions, the value of which exceeded $1,000,000,000.
- Represented a logistics company in the international reorganization of the company and the subsequent sale of 55% of its equity to a private equity firm for $60,000,000.
- Represented a manufacturer of organic beverages in a series of equity investments, totaling more than $21,000,000, made by private equity investors from Switzerland, The Bahamas, Canada, and the United States.
- Represented an international specialty freight forwarding and logistics company in a series of transactions including: (1) the acquisition of two companies in England; (2) the formation of a joint venture in Mexico with a Brazilian company; (3) the acquisition of three companies in Mexico; and (4) the acquisition of a United States company that is a leading freight forwarding company for the fine arts industry. The enterprise value of these acquisitions is in excess of $30,000,000.
- Assisted an NYSE company in negotiating and drafting a Joint Venture Agreement with a Swiss company.
- Continue to serve as outside general counsel for a state-chartered bank. In this capacity, Peter has represented the bank in a series of rights offering totaling more than $20,000,000.
- Represented a Canadian reinsurance company in a series of acquisitions and divestitures. The enterprise value of these transactions is in excess of $20,000,000.
Honors and Awards
- Named a Chevalier (Knight) of the French Legion of Honor by the President of the Republic of France, Jacques Chirac (2005)
- Included in a list of Pennsylvania “Super Lawyers” by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2004 through 2012)
- Recipient of the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “40 Under 40? award, a recognition given to 40 individuals under the age of 40 who have made a profound impact on the Philadelphia region (2001)
- Included in a list of “Super Lawyers” in the field of International by Super Lawyers Magazine (Corporate Counsel Edition) (2010)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1986
B.S.F.S., cum laude, Georgetown University, 1983
American Society of the French Legion of Honor
International Bar Association
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
Board of Directors
London Life Reinsurance Company
Chairman, Board of Trustees of The Pennington School
HSBC Bank USA, National Association, Advisory Board
President, French-American Chamber of Commerce (Philadelphia Chapter)
World Affairs Council of Philadelphia (Advisory Committee)
Treasurer, French-American Chamber of Commerce (National Chapter)
The Dikembe Mutombo Foundation, Inc.