This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Communications Coordinator (Virtual)
Reports to: Director of Communications
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is seeking a new member for our communications team to serve as Communications Coordinator. The Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Communications and others in the organization to develop and implement communications strategies. This position will develop strategies to achieve coordination of messages, the highest standards for external and internal communications and more. The Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating organization-wide content generation, including electronic and print communications. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, discernment, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications.
- Collects and distributes stories about projects and programs from staff and partners in both written and video forms
- Coordinates with the Communications Manager to develop communications plans
- Develops all collateral material for marketing purposes
- Monitors website analytics and pay careful attention to create articles for search engine optimization.
- Assists with special projects
- Identifies opportunities to respond or advance organizational messages
- Maintains organizational communications calendar
- Generates well written web content on a regular basis
- Leads and supports the implementation of new communications initiatives
- Performs additional tasks as assigned to support the effective operation of the organization
- Associate’s degree, preferably in English/journalism, Public Relations or a related communications field.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org