Director of Conference/Events (Virtual)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Conference/Events (Virtual)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as the Director of Conference and Events. The position will be instrumental in arranging and supporting our conferences and events by working with professionals, colleagues, sponsors, senior leaders and members of the organization. The position will be entirely responsible for all organization events such as our Annual Conference, Networking Mixers, Symposium, and more. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Creates a detailed calendar and timeline of all logistics for all events. Calendars and timeline should include a list of everything logistically related to all meetings and events and should include specific deadlines and timelines.
- Assists with the selection of Venue for conferences and events
- Develops and maintains event budgets and work with Finance Department to insure revenue and expenses are reconciled.
- Works with Executive Management Team and local host committee to recruit speakers, moderators and develop program
- Manages recruitment process by creating weekly status reports for all events.
- Manages event registration
- Manages hotel room block and other venue details while maintaining communication with venue POC from contracting to execution of event.
- Develops sponsorship deliverables and manages all sponsor benefits directly with corporate donors. Work closely with fundraising and donor relations on fundraising initiatives and event benefits associated with varying donor levels.
- Works closely with Board of Directors in respect to individual assigned committees and task forces and also with Chairman of the Board on leadership meeting program.
- Work closely with Communications Department to provide updated event information
- Creates a supportive, respectful, and inspired group dynamic in all interactions with volunteers, content experts and staff.
- Develops plans for volunteers
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant logistics and event management experience required, MA Preferred
- Experience in collaborating with finance and program teams in the preparation of budgets
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing, including electronic media.
- Experience with working with Board of Directors and senior leadership is preferred
- Experience with sponsorships/partnerships is a bonus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time management skills and proactive approach
- Highly organized
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to email@example.com