JOB TITLE: Director of Professional Development (Virtual)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for someone passionate about making a difference. NAAHP is seeking a new member for our team to serve as Director of Professional Development. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, leadership, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. The Director of Professional Development is responsible for managing and implementing NAAHP’s Professional Development . The Director of Professional Development plays an important role an integrated approach to professional development.
The Director of Professional Development manages the ongoing establishment of goals, planning, development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum and instructional programs for the Professional Development. Individual is responsible for setting and communicating professional development philosophy, goals, and objectives to NAAHP staff and or leadership.
The Director of Professional Development on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish NAAHP communication goals. The Director of Professional Development performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity, initiative and latitude is expected. The individual is a self-starter and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Director of Professional Development will be responsible for the Speaker Series, Symposium, Webinar Series, Social Hour Series, and other programs regarding professional development.
The Director of Professional Development reports to the President of NAAHP.
- Works with other staff to develop and implement NAAHP professional development programming
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Professional Development Department
- Supports the implementation of the most effective professional development practices
- Manage the development of professional development curriculum and content
- Establish procedures for evaluating and implementing new products and course offerings or changes in current products/offerings.
- Evaluate professional development programs and ensure that programs have a beneficial impact
- Monitor the benchmarks that measure the impact and effectiveness of the department’s overall performance.
- Coordinate and manage needs assessments of internal/external stake holders
- Collaborates on the design and implementation of a comprehensive Professional Development Plan for NAAHP
- Implements professional learning opportunities through multiple delivery models including, formal structured workshops and digital platforms.
- Organizes, maintains and supports professional learning communities.
- Keeps abreast of innovative professional development techniques to provide the district with the highest quality of professional development activities.
- Knowledge of current trends in curriculum for professional development; planning and project management; and, collaboration, coordination, and facilitation of work groups.
- Ability to analyze data and skills to format data into effective programs.
- Oversee, support, and contribute to the process of recruiting speakers and moderators
- Knowledge of group dynamics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing, including electronic media.
- Lead the team of volunteer and experts with process direction and solutions that support the integrity of the process and respect their time commitments.
- Create a supportive, respectful, and inspired group dynamic in all interactions with volunteers, content experts and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organizational development, or comparable fields of study
- 5+ years of Professional Development experience
- Strong project manager. Proven success in organizing and managing meetings, seminars, webinars, conferences and break-out sessions to meet established goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead by example and to foster professional development and training collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrates exceptional oral communication; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Exemplifies outstanding leadership through confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates others to perform well, effectively influences actions and opinions of others, accepts feedback from others, and gives appropriate recognition to others
- Supportive and cooperative team member
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of the community’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Enthusiastic and cooperative team member
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org