Director of Strategic Planning (Virtual)
This position has now been filled.
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Strategic Planning (Virtual)
Department: Strategic Planning
Reports to: Director of Operations
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for an individual to work in our Strategic Planning Department as Director of Strategic Planning. Our ideal candidate will be able to successfully complete tasks and projects independently as well as part of a team. The Director of Strategic Planning will propose directional changes in the organization as appropriate. Work often involves collaborating with different departments to fulfill NAAHP’s Mission and more. The Director of Strategic Planning reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Collaborates with department leaders to formalize the organization’s strategic-planning processes
- Forges new working relationships and synergies across the organization
- Assesses whether strategic initiatives, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the organization’s standards and objectives.
- Leads in the management of organizational knowledge as a strategic asset to further the organization’s goals.
- Drives organizational change
- Provides action plans for operational improvement
- Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with the other leaders and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all throughout the organization. Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
- Assists with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives.
- Focuses on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, and the implementation of organizational metrics to assess impact and effectiveness.
- Develops and manages an organized filing/document process for electronic documents
- Communicates with team members from different departments
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Master’s degree in business preferred
- 5+ years experience in strategic planning
- Experience leading Non- Profit organizations
- Strong strategy orientation, who has previously held several business and operational roles in fast paced and complex environments
- Ability to inform, inspire and collaborate with different departments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead the entire range of problem solving work from problem definition to analysis, recommendation and the development of implementation plans.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Good time management skills and proactive approach
- Highly organized
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Rigorous research and analytical skills; ability to review and interpret input and provide insights
- Expert knowledge of strategic organization analysis concepts and techniques
- Proven track record with strategy planning, development, and execution
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org