College Planning with NAAHP: All about the College Visit & College Application
Date: Monday, August 22, 2022
Time: 6:30-8:00 PM EST
The first thing on a student’s list is to visit colleges to which they would like to apply. It’s so important to walk on campus to get a “feel” for whether it’s the place for you. Talking to faculty and students gives opportunities to get answers to relevant questions. The application process can be daunting in itself with the different deadlines, whether or not to submit standardized test scores and if one should request an interview when it’s “optional”. Join us and learn information to help make this process more manageable.
Topic Focus Areas
- Importance of the college visit
- Areas to address while on a college tour
- Early decision, early action, regular and rolling admissions (when to send in applications)
- Common Application
- The importance of an interview
- Pitfalls to avoid in the application process
- Advantages and disadvantages of “test-optional” schools
Students will be able to devise a plan for college visits and decide on the best schedule for applying to colleges.