Government Affairs Coordinator (Virtual)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Government Affairs Coordinator (Virtual)
Department: Government Affairs
Reports to: Director of Government Affairs
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) has an immediate opportunity for an individual to work in our Government Affairs department as Government Affairs Coordinator. Our ideal candidate will be able to successfully complete tasks and projects independently as well as part of a team. The position’s responsibilities include assisting with the implementation of strategy, coordinating outreach activities, and more. Work often involves collaborating with different departments to fulfill NAAHP’s Mission and more. The coordinator reports to the Director of Government Affairs.
- Understands regulatory rulemaking with the ability to draft memorandums summarizing regulatory proposals
- Supports action plans for operational improvement
- Assists with meeting agendas
- Promotes grassroots advocacy
- Creates reports
- Use social media to promote and bring awareness to certain issues
- Assists government affairs staff as requested.
- Supports social media for timely news and issue-related updates
- Communicates with team members from different departments
- Respond to specific requests from members and staff
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Government Affairs
- BA/BS strongly desired, preferred background in political science or communications.
- Working knowledge of state legislative process.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Good time management skills and proactive approach
- Highly organized
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org