Our program matches mentees with mentors through a carefully curated process which prioritizes career goals, compatibility, skill-set, and teachable moments. We have developed five comprehensive methods that our mentors will use as a guide to create the most valuable experiences for mentees. NAAHP’s staff works together with mentors and mentees to accentuate the program’s core values and overall goals.
- Skill Development
Identifying and developing the necessary skills for success in the mentees’ field of interest/chosen career path.
- Goal Planning
Defining the mentee’s professional and personal goals, timelines, and outlook. Creating tangible, measurable milestones that can be documented, planned and tracked.
- Problem Solving
Developing cognitive skills to strengthen the mental process for identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
Teaching relationship building skills to expand mentees’ professional connections and networks.
- Knowledge Sharing
Connecting mentees and mentor groups working in similar industries for focused conversations. Improving knowledge around key learning and research areas.
- Cultivate relationships between various industry professionals at different levels in their career.
- Establish a network of Haitian professionals, nationally and internationally.
- Provide skill development for young professionals that adds great value to their resumes.
- Help young professionals define their personal and professional goals
- Increase awareness of different career opportunities for Haitians in the diaspora.
- Provide motivation for job performance, creativity, and innovation.