This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Communications (Virtual)
Reports to: Director of Communications
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is seeking a qualified person for the position of Director of Communications. The successful applicant will be responsible for professional media relations, public information activities, and internal communications. The position will report to the Director of Operations. This position will develop strategies to achieve coordination of messages, the highest standards for external and internal communications and more. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, discernment, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission.
- Reviews all marketing materials to ensure accuracy, compliance with company policies and appropriate tone, style, spelling, punctuation, grammar and overall alignment with project request and business needs.
- Collaborates with graphics and advertising teams to ensure appropriate copy/graphic alignment and that marketing materials are on strategy, effective and consistent with branding.
- Serves as trusted adviser to executive leadership by providing ongoing internal communications counsel and support, including messaging, announcements, speechwriting and presentation materials that communicate value proposition.
- Coordinates annual update of materials to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Leads the communications team to provide clarity of roles and responsibilities as well as professional development opportunities.
- Researching and responding to inquiries from the media
- Manages and executes all internal and external communication.
- Advises the Executive Management Team on media strategy.
- Advises Executive Team members on sensitive matters that require public disclosure and discussion.
- Attends all Executive meetings to remain current on issues and decisions.
- Oversees budgeting for the Communications Department.
- Manages and develops procedures and plans related to public information initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities to respond or advance organizational messages
- Maintains organizational communications calendar
- Generates well written web content on a regular basis
- Leads and supports the implementation of new communications initiatives
- Performs additional tasks as assigned to support the effective operation of the organization
- Four (4) years previous experience in Public Relations, Journalism, and/or marketing, preferably with Non-profit organizations
- Two (2) years in a management or leadership role
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials
- Must demonstrate strength in meeting deadlines and working in a consulting capacity with all levels of management
- Strong writing and proofreading skills with solid understanding of AP style
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org