This position has now been filled.
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Human Resources (HR) (Virtual)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Operations
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a Director of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of NAAHP Human Resources department by providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, benefits, training, development and more. The ideal candidate will manage annual reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices. The Director will be responsible for developing HR strategies. In addition, the Director will collaborate with the Executive Team in fulfilling NAAHP’s Mission. The Director of Human Resources reports to the Director of Operations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; determining production, productivity, quality, and member-service strategies; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Communicates changes in the organization’s policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliances are followed
- Assists executive management team in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program Communicate with members
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Works directly with department managers to assist them with any employee issues
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization’s needs
- Supervises the staff of the human resources department
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities
- Four-year college degree in HR and/or 4 years’ experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Proven leadership skills which support an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional analytical, critical and creative thinking skills
- Experience with working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org