Graphic Designer (Virtual)
Position Title: Graphic Designer (Virtual)
Reports to: Director of Marketing
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for Graphic Designers who will be responsible for creating a visible image that can be used in media and print. Graphic Designers will use software and hand-rendering to design content that meets the standards of the person that you are assigned to work with regarding respective project. The ideal person must be able to successfully complete tasks and projects independently as well as part of a team. In addition, Graphic Designers will collaborate with the Executive Team in fulfilling NAAHP’s Mission.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Remains up to data and keep Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meets with clients to establish a vision for a product or design.
- Selects colors, images, textures and shapes to create the layout.
- Selects the size and arrangement of the different elements.
- Uses computer software to create electronic versions of designs.
- Employs color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing project.
- Develops material for web pages.
- Develops design scheme for signage materials
- Creates promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures and other sources of literature.
- Develops the layout and production design of magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports, and other publications.
- Meets with art directors to collaborate on design.
- Performs research on competitors and market trends.
- Collaborates with printers to select type of paper and ink.
- Submits rough drafts to team members.
- Makes changes to mock-ups.
- Expert graphic design skills
- Acute vision
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiar with publishing tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb time management ability
- Efficient in executing task
- Team oriented
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to email@example.com