This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Manager of Professional Development (Virtual)
Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Director of Professional Development
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as Manager of Professional Development. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, leadership, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. The Manager of Professional Development is responsible for managing NAAHP’s Professional Development department. The Manager of Professional Development manages the ongoing establishment of goals, planning, coordination, implementation, and instructional programs for the Professional Development. The individual is a self-starter and must be able to work with minimal supervision. The Manager of Professional Development reports to the Director of Professional Development.
- Works with other staff to develop and implement NAAHP professional development programming
- Supports the implementation of the most effective professional development practices
- Establishes procedures for evaluating new products and course offerings or changes in current products/offerings
- Evaluate professional development programs and ensure that programs have a beneficial impact
- Manage the development of professional development curriculum and content
- Create a supportive, respectful, and inspired group dynamic in all interactions with volunteers, content experts and staff.
- Organizes, maintains and supports professional learning communities.
- Oversee, support, and contribute to the process of recruiting speakers and moderators
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organizational development, or comparable fields of study preferred
- 3+ years of Professional Development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing, including electronic media.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead by example and to foster professional development and training collaborative relationships.
- Good time management skills and proactive approach
- Highly organized
- Familiarity with a variety of the community’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Required Documents: Email your resume, your cover letter, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org