Message from Leadership
Dear Members and Stakeholders,
It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I welcome you to 2016 and our 5th year anniversary. We are privileged to have been able to make a positive impact in the Haitian community; especially, through our successful annual conferences and gala. As we embark this New Year, NAAHP is at an auspicious moment in history, and we plan on continuing to prevail. It is with great honor and humility that I announce that I will be serving as president of NAAHP, and I will continue to sustain the momentum of the organization.
NAAHP is committed to continuing its work on rebuilding Haiti through philanthropy and social entrepreneurship. Our vision is to lead, connect and partner with a global community of professionals, students, peers to rebuild Haiti through catalytic philanthropy, advocacy, and social entrepreneurship.
Our objective this year is to strengthen our students, partners, and stakeholders relations.
We are in the process of developing two new programs:
- NAAHP-College Readiness, Access, and Retention Institute (CRARI). This program will help close the achievement gap, create access to and ensure retention in higher education institutions amongst minority students through intensive college readiness, college retention, leadership development and mentoring
- NAAHP Youth Engagement Program. This program will provide Haitian youths with opportunities to learn about development strategies on a global scale; training in effective and impactful leadership; training in design thinking, and a platform to promote and exchange ideas with youth throughout Haiti and the Haitian Diaspora.
- Strengthen the scholarship program.
- Bringing more Professional Development and Networking Events, such as:
- Symposium on Women Entrepreneurship in partnership with the Danielle St lot Foundation (May 2016, in NY)
- Speaker Series (Summer 2016)
- Network After Work” Social Hours Series (April-August 2016)
- The 5th Annual conference and the closing GALA (October 2016). We plan on taking the Diaspora to Washington
- And many more
I come to this new role at NAAHP fully-equipped. I have served as NAAHP’s executive- vice president for the past four years and I am also one of the founding members. As President, my vision for NAAHP is to take it to the next level of success; and this will be done with your continued support. NAAHP is a membership driven organization. I appreciate all your support over the years.
I hope you enjoyed reading some of our plans for 2016. I look forward to meeting you at our upcoming events; especially, at our much anticipated 5th annual NAAHP conference.
Serge Renaud, MBA, MSA